Drivers Safety Course
You may be eligible to take a Driving Safety Course or a Motorcycle Safety Course for dismissal
of your citation.
You can only take a driving safety course for ONE violation per 12 month period anywhere in
the State of Texas.
**DO NOT take the course before Court approval – late or incomplete requests will be rejected.**
You are eligible to take a Driving Safety Course or a Motorcycle Safety Course IF:
- You have a valid Texas Driver’s License;
- You have NOT completed a Driving Safety Course for ticket dismissal in the previous 12
months (calculated from the date of previous completion to the date of your current
- You have current proof of liability insurance showing you as a covered driver;
- The violation you are charged with was not in a construction zone with workers present;
- Your citation was for a MOVING violation;
- If your citation was for SPEEDING, the alleged speed was LESS than 25 mph over the
posted speed limit;
- You DO NOT have a commercial driver’s license or permit.
If you are eligible, you may sign up for a Driving Safety Course by appearing at the Court (don’t
forget to bring a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance) or by sending the following items
to the Court on or before your first court appearance date.
- Pay the required fee: $109.10 for non‐school zone violations; $134.10 for school zone violations; if you are not sure your violation occurred in a school zone or work zone, please contact the court to ask.
- A copy of your valid driver’s license (copy must be legible!)
- A copy of your valid proof of insurance (must show you as a covered driver)
- The completed Driving Safety Course Request Form, which HAS to be witnessed by a Notary Public of the State of Texas.
ONCE APPROVED BY THE MUNICIPAL JUDGE, THE COURT CLERK WILL MAIL FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.